Site Reliability Engineer
Our client, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies, is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their team! In this position, you will help develop and implement modern software solutions that drive applications and workflow migrations into the cloud.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and document new and existing software and/or applications
- Troubleshoot large-scale distributed computing systems and software
- Design and implement security and forensics capabilities ensuring governance across multiple cloud venues (private and public)
- Work with development partners to define technical specifications from conceptual design and business requirements
- Write code and scripts for automation
- Participate in and respond to code and architecture reviews as needed
- Keep current with new technologies and tools for infrastructure orchestration
- Travel as needed (5-25% of the time)
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years’ technical expertise supporting and troubleshooting in high volume, large-scale environments
- Extensive experience with public and private cloud technologies
- Knowledge of IP networking and traffic scaling
- Experience with Linux systems administration across distributions in cloud or virtualized environments
- DevOps for continuous integration
- Proven ability to design and present understandable and practical solutions to complex problems
- Agile experience including Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming is a plus
- Strong leadership, time management, and prioritization skills in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual presentation)
- Experience working with internal and external organizations
- Analytical with a focus on research data collection and ability to present findings
- Knowledge of distributed capacity management is a plus
Specific knowledge of the following is desired:
- Clustering and load balancing; version control (Git and GitHub)
- AWS, Azure, and/or GCP; Python, Node.js, and Perl
- SOA, REST, IaaS, PaaS; CI/CD tools and systems; Terraform, Ansible, or Chef/Puppet
- Kubernetes for container management
- HTTP, TCP, DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols; NoSQL, NAS, and object stores
- Open source software licenses
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.