Senior QA Automation Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer to join their development team! In this position, you will work closely with fellow engineers, QA analysts, developers, and business/systems analysts to develop and execute automated tests for custom web-based applications. You’ll become familiar with the underlying business and its software applications, working in a dynamic environment where your input is appreciated and requested.
Our client offers a fantastic culture that truly puts the employee ahead of the company. Located in Westlake Village, this company makes for an easy commute from Ventura County and many parts of western LA County. This is a six-month contract position with the potential of full-time employment.
- Design, develop, maintain, and execute automated functional regression test scripts using Unified Functional Testing (UFT) tool
- Transform manual test cases into designs for automated tests
- Use and extend existing automation framework as needed
- Evaluate feasibility and ROI of automating tests
- Manually validate and report defects detected by the automated tests
- Assist QA team with manual testing as needed
- Create and maintain/update documentation for automated tests and designs
What Gets You the Job?
- 10 years’ experience working in a commercial environment focused on web and .NET software development is desired
- 5 years’ experience developing automated tests for API and/or web services preferred
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Strong unified functional testing (UFT) experience pertaining to coding and web applications
- Fluency with VB Script
- Proficient with designing and coding library functions with a focus on reusability
- Familiar with advanced GUI object recognition techniques including custom controls
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Experience with performance modeling, scenarios/workloads, and performance scripts using JMeter, LoadRunner, SilkPerformer, etc.
- Familiar with the QA phase of the SDLC, test case development, RTM, etc.
- Functional knowledge of networks, server administration, and messaging systems
- Preferred experience with SQL query development and MS SQL Server environment
- Working knowledge of shell scripting and batch commands
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.