Systems Administrator IV
Our client is looking for a Systems Administrator to join their team! In this role, you will enhance or upgrade existing applications as well as implement and supporting new technology. Key responsibilities involve day-to-day administration, configuration, and performance monitoring of vendor-purchased and in-house developed software systems, including desktop, client-server and web based applications. Focus will be in the mortgage and lending domain.
- Lead projects from planning through implementation, and manage vendor relationships
- Solve production and systems issues generated by incident tickets from the helpdesk
- Perform troubleshooting, test fixes, and implement in the production environment (may include communication via meetings, e-mail, phone, or WebEx
- Work on OSRs and work orders that come from the help desk (e.g., granting access to applications, installing thick clients, providing reports and other information)
- Respond to production alerts that arrive via e-mail.
- Troubleshoot failed jobs and determine where the files originated and where the files are going.
- Follow up with other business units or vendors to get ETA on file arrivals
- Make minor modifications to jobs and re-run jobs as needed
- Manage and implement software and hardware upgrades and other projects
- Participate in upgrade projects by designing, configuring, testing, implementing in development and production
- Work with various business units, maintain existing applications by applying patches, new license files, fulfill new report requests, and perform additional configuration and make changes to security as needed
- Respond to MessageWay alerts
- Work with departments and external vendors to resolve why file transmissions have not arrived
- Monitor and support all incoming and outgoing transmissions
- Monitor and support all ESP Jobs
- Create new and maintain existing documentation for various application support needs.
- Generate ad-hoc reports for various business units and other minor requests for their needs
- Take classes, attend conferences, and network to keep current with technologies and work with other teams to support and implement new hardware and software into the environment
- Participate in other application support projects and duties as needed or requested
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years’ experience in system design, administration, application software and operations
- 7+ years’ experience providing end-user support for corporate applications in a networked environment
- 3+ years’ coordinating team efforts in a project or operations environment
- Domain knowledge in mortgage and lending or financial services is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated experience providing end-user support for large corporate applications in a networked environment
- Strong knowledge of Windows server operating systems and environments
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and Linux (must be proficient with one, and exposure/knowledge of the other)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with internal clients
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service
- Exposure to banking or other financial services software systems preferred
- Understanding of local and wide area networks, protocol and simple network troubleshooting preferred
- Understanding of administration tools for database troubleshooting (e.g. SQL Enterprise Manager) preferred.
- Previous experience writing simple automation scripts using any language (VBScript, PowerShell, etc.) preferred
- Experience writing scripts in any language (ex: PowerShell, Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Familiarity with major Database Platforms (MS SQL Server and Oracle), including ability to write transact SQL queries to retrieve data
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.