Senior Java Software Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join their team! In this position, you will design, build, and support high-performing, scalable, innovative backend systems and services for a major streaming platform utilized by over 1 billion global users. You’ll work closely with fellow engineers and product management teams meet deadlines. This is an opportunity to work with a powerhouse in the entertainment industry using the latest in programming languages and technologies.
- Develop backend APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
- Migrate API services/systems to cloud infrastructures and software
- Work in all phases of the product development lifecycle
- Explore different ways to deliver content to global audiences (i.e., algorithms, via machine learning, etc.)
- Research and recommend sound methods to manage, retrieve, store, and secure data
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ experience with product software development
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming and design, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong experience with Java, Linux, Shell scripting, and Python
- Proficiency with Spring/Spring Boot
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, documentation)
- Experience with RDBMs, NoSQL solutions, search technologies, distributed systems (both in system design and data storage) is a plus
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.), build tools is nice to have
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.