Senior Network Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join their IT team! In this position, you will assist with design, implementation, maintenance and support of a growing network infrastructure that meets business objectives and SLAs. The IT team is responsible for providing staff and remote locations with high-level technical support and expertise. This position will require occasional travel within the US and Canada as needed.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Design, configure, manage and troubleshoot various networking technologies in accordance with industry best practices for security, disaster recovery, business continuity, change control
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Track performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level 2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Identify and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the security team
- Work closely with vendors and other technology personnel for issue resolution
- Mentor and direct technology personnel in network methodologies as needed
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to network infrastructure
What Gets You the Job?
- 10+ years’ hands-on networking experience in a professional setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related study/equivalent work experience
- Network security experience including device hardening and patching, IDS/IPS, SIEM, firewalls (Fortinet or similar), IPsec, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (PSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Experience with access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security
- Strong expertise with server and network equipment
- Experience with SDWAN and WAN acceleration appliances
- Firm grasp of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Familiar with Linux and Windows OS environments, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks
- Public and private cloud software defined networking (Amazon Direct Connect, AWS VPC, Azure ExpressRoute, VMware NSX, Cisco ACI)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switched infrastructure (CCNA, CCNP Security, CCIE)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- A team player mentality with strong collaboration skills
- Experience in the real estate and/or entertainment industry is a plus
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.