Sr. Desktop Support
Our client is looking for Sr. Desktop Support to provide Level 3 helpdesk support (both local and remote using remote software) in a mission-critical environment. In this position, you will serve as an escalation point for all requests and incidents, supporting personal computers, laptops, mobile devices, network connectivity, printing equipment and all related hardware and software.
This company has a very collaborative and friendly environment and culture, and you’ll have the opportunity to participate in migrations to newer technologies. The President is approachable and down-to-earth, and employee well-being is taken very seriously – you’ll enjoy a terrific work/life balance and won’t be held to long hours.
- Identify issues, perform research, isolate issues and provide solutions to software, hardware and telecommunications problems
- Provide excellent customer service and make sure calls and tickets are promptly addressed
- Support users locally and remotely using remote software (some travel to client sites is required)
- Upgrade and/or deploy desktops, laptops, software and peripheral equipment
- Setup and maintain company-issued and Bring Your Own Device (BOYD) mobile devices, including MDM and wireless carrier administration and management
- Architect and administer Active Directory, Office365 Suite, Azure, VPN and MDM
- Obtain quotes on equipment – coordinate, receive, and ship RMA equipment as needed
- Track hardware and software inventory as needed
- Provide primary on-call support during weekends (every 4-5 weeks)
- Provide written and verbal status reports to manager
- Participate in training, coaching, mentoring and/or delegating tasks to fellow team members
- Manage user account information including rights, security, and systems groups
- Track incidents and service requests in helpdesk ticketing system and meet expected SLAs
- Help develop long-term strategies and capacity planning to meet future desktop hardware needs
- Develop process and procedure documentation as needed
- Develop and administer Atlassian Suite (Jira Service Desk Cloud, Confluence, Jira Software, and third-party marketplace add-ons)
- Adhere to company security policies including remediation and identification of security threats
- Keep skills knowledge up to date and familiar with related technologies and software applications
- Recommend and implement changes to policies and procedures as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- Currently certified (not expired) in the following or similar Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (multiple certifications are preferred)
- 6+ years’ helpdesk support experience in Windows and Mac Professional environments including the following: Windows 10, MS Office 2010 - O365 Suite (including Teams, OneDrive, etc.), Exchange/Outlook, IE, Chrome, Adobe products, remoting tools, anti-virus solutions, helpdesk ticketing systems, VPN software, QuickBooks, AutoCad, etc.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting and problem diagnostics for PC and telecom hardware and software
- Experience with architecting and maintaining Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (for imaging and quick redeployment), MDM solutions, virtual desktop environments, VoIP solutions
- Experience with troubleshooting network and local peripherals, architecting and maintaining Active Directory and Azure
- Experience with troubleshooting Dell, HP, Apple PC/Mac/laptop hardware, iOS
- Experience with networking technologies, printer products and configuring printer network devices
- Experience with IBM iAccess PC client emulation software is a plus
- Experience administering Atlassian Suite (Jira Service Desk, Confluence) or similar helpdesk ticketing products
- A valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Ability to develop and document procedures
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.