Data Management Analyst (Onsite - Dallas, TX)
Our client is looking for a Data Management Analyst to join their team! The Data Management Team reports to the co-heads of Middle and Back Office Applications in the Business Technology group, which is responsible for developing and implementing software, processes and technology that allow multiple users with various functions to manage routine activities.
In this position, you will help manage a proprietary security master platform and workflow with a focus on automation and continuous improvement. Your efforts will help ensure accurate recording of information, as well as project components that require planning and strategic thinking.
Working closely with Trading Desk, Compliance, Operations, Fund Accounting, and Marketing you will perform regulatory reporting, internal and external reporting requests, transaction settlements, and other tasks.
- Work closely with teams to understand and document data and workflow requirements
- Handle trading-related data, security-level attributes, position-level characteristics, index information and risk metrics
- Advance business process improvement in close collaboration with the Business Technology team
- Research, gather and record security-level attributes for new securities to be purchased or analyzed
- Ensure correct setup and maintenance of listed and over-the-counter instruments
- Review and verify day-over-day changes to investment-level attributes
- Promptly identify and resolve data discrepancies across systems
- Develop quality control metrics to identify and resolve data issues
What Gets You the Job?
- Deep knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) asset classes including equities, bonds, loans, structured products, derivatives, and cash and currency instruments
- Proficiency with Bloomberg Terminal
- Experience working with large datasets using MS Excel or other business intelligence software
- Desire to learn about various data vendor platforms and software tools
- Desire to learn tools such as SQL, Tableau, Bloomberg, Trading and Accounting systems
- Proven track record of balancing priorities for routine tasks and long-term projects
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong problem-solving, prioritization, and time management skills
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.