Sr. Back End Software Engineer (Remote)
Our client is looking for a remote Senior Back End Software Engineer to join their team! In this position, you will work closely with business units to define technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements. This role will work on developing program scheduling applications (Linear, Non-Linear, and VoD) for the enterprise.
- Write testable, production-ready code that can be easily understood by developers and accounts for edge cases and errors
- Write unit tests and higher-level tests to handle anticipated edge cases and errors (JUnit, Selenium)
- Design, develop and deliver software on modern platforms using AWS, Lambda, Java or Golang scripting services.
- Develop highly scalable services following a microservice architecture
- Write code and scripts for automation
- Participate in and respond to code and architecture reviews as needed
- Implement, troubleshoot, recommend features and identify improvements
- Systematically debug to diagnose issues and cross-service issues
- Help develop and implement cyber guidelines to ensure governance across multiple private and public cloud venues
- Create detailed documentation, architectural frameworks, and design patterns for customers and development team members
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a software engineering role
- Expert at services development including Java or Golang
- Proficient with data structuring languages (JSON) and designing binary data formats
- Knowledgeable in both NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience with building cloud native and 12 factor applications
- Strong production-level software development skills
- Ability to conceive, manage, and complete project deliverables
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies, rapid application development, and project management
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and visual presentation)
- Self-motivated with ability to effectively work with internal and internal organizations
Send us your application today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.