Job Title: CRM Salesforce Administrator
Why work here as a CRM Salesforce Administrator?
- This company has a very collaborative and friendly environment and culture. The President is approachable and down-to-earth.
- Employee well-being is taken very seriously – this company has a terrific work/life balance, and doesn’t believe in long hours.
- Opportunity to participate in migrations to newer technologies.
As a CRM Salesforce Administrator, you will:
- Work with end users, business stakeholders, and technical personnel to understand, develop, and document clear requirements within Salesforce
- Utilize requirements to define, optimize, and improve processes to meet business operation needs
- Provide system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, etc.,
- Design, implement, document, build, test and deploy updates and enhancements within Salesforce, in adherence to industry best practices
- Lead, document, and drive weekly project resource meetings
- Impact change and drive user adoption of changes as Salesforce environment expands
- Oversee and implement Salesforce integration with IT systems
- Ensure data integrity throughout and between Salesforce and internal systems
- Keep track of data feeds to and from Salesforce, ensuring accuracy
- Effective communication and training of Salesforce processes and custom integrations/objects
- Train new and existing users in using database applications
- Conduct planning and analysis of users to design and manage complex workflow rules and data validation
- Log and track identified system problems through resolution
- Document and maintain processes, policies, application configuration and help related materials for users as database applications are developed
- Keep current with new Salesforce products, features and functionality (via certifications, training modules, and user groups, etc.), providing recommendations as needed
What Gets You the Job as a CRM Salesforce Administrator?
- 2+ years’ experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related course of study
- Salesforce Certified Administrator is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL databases and integrations with Salesforce
- Expert-level Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) across all levels of an organization
- Strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving ability
Compensation: $65,000 Per Year