Why you want to work here:
The Data Management Team is responsible for governance over trading related data including security attributes/analytics and position-level characteristics. The team reports into the head of Business Technology, who also oversees teams of software developers and business analysts.
This role is a junior-level position. (There is currently one other senior member on the Data Management Team.)
What You Will Do
- Top Hedge Fund on the West Coast! Team is small and you will work with the best of the best. You will own your projects from start to finish.
- Company is very stable and been around for over 20 years.
- Catered lunch daily, plus bonus potential and 100% paid benefits.
- Centrally located in Century City near great shopping and restaurants!
What Gets You the Job?
- Over time, develop in-depth knowledge of the universe of the firm’s tradable assets
- Understand how security attributes impact the following departments and corresponding functions:
- Trading Desk
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Business Technology
- Fund Accounting
- Work with the above-mentioned teams to understand and document data and workflow requirements
- Assist with managing the firm’s proprietary security master platform
- Ensure accurate setup of listed and OTC securities
- Create quality control metrics to identify potential data issues and resolve as required
- Work closely with Business Technology Team on various projects to gather requirements
Keywords: Capital markets, hedge fund or financial technology experience, Excel
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- 2-4 years of total professional experience
- At least 1 year of experience at a credit or multi-strategy hedge fund, fixed-income asset manage, investment bank, or financial technology company focused on capital markets (no retail banking or insurance)
- Basic knowledge of various financial products including bonds, structured products, loans, CDS, equities, options, etc.
- Proficiency with Excel
- Proficiency with Bloomberg is nice to have
- Experience working with large datasets using Excel or business intelligence software package
- Ability to learn/improve technology skills such as Excel, SQL, Bloomberg etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to synthesize complex ideas succinctly
- Extremely detail oriented
- Logical and practical problem solving skills
- Enjoys working on time-sensitive tasks and projects
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and interested in learning about capital markets
Compensation: $75,000 Per Year