Job Title: Data Architect
Why work here as a Data Architect?
- You will work for a global leader in the financial industry that creates innovative strategies for the current needs of the market.
- Led by a renowned innovator in the industry, this company manages over $80 billion in assets using investment strategies developed in-house.
- Our client offers competitive base salaries and extremely lucrative bonuses, in addition to a fantastic benefits package.
As a Data Architect, you will:
- Lead the planning, design, development, evaluation, selection, implementation, and support of data-driven systems, databases, and metadata structures
- Ensure integrity of data assets (internally-generated, vendor-sourced, and partner-provisioned) and architecture (databases, data integration, and the means to get to the data)
- Develop methods that systematically eliminate data incompatibilities among systems
- Work closely with the research and development teams in collecting and evaluating data
- Diagnose, isolate, and resolve complex data infrastructure problems
- Review and evaluate database performance
- Project database resource requirements
- Thoroughly evaluate data integrity and make recommendations as needed
- Keep up to date on technologies, tools, and processes
- Perform development work as needed
What Gets You the Job as a Data Architect?
- 5+ years’ investment management or financial industry experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree (technical or scientific area of study)
- Strong technological expertise applied to data sets, standards, and architectures
- Ability to apply understanding of design and integration principles to intricate, diverse databases
- Knowledge of the following technologies, tools, languages, etc.
- Database technologies (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Hadoop ecosystem, NoSQL DBMS, etc.)
- Master Data Management (MDM) methods and related products
- Data Quality Management (DQM) techniques and tools
- Scripting languages (Python, Node.js, etc.), statistical analysis tools (SAS, R), Erwin Data Modeler
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in working with cross-functional teams
- Nice to have: Experience with cloud computing, and/or related technologies
Compensation: $200,000 Per Year