Why you want to work here:
What You Will Do
- Opportunity to work with a technology powerhouse shop that is a subsidiary of a Major Motion Picture Studio
- Always trying to stay ahead of the curve, this shop has a bevy of tech platforms ranging from web, mobile, video production and countless others.
- Longevity without boredom - always something new to focus on as their products change with the times.
- Employee satisfaction - we've made a number of placements here over the years and they all love it.
- Career advancement - work hard, love what you do, and there will be tons of room for growth.
What Gets You the Job?
- Utilize your development knowledgebase while learning about some of the latest trends in DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Design and build tools to support infrastructure on-site and in the cloud
- Write scripts and build applications to automate and streamline existing workflows
- Collaborate with multiple teams to identify and develop new tools to support new workflows
- Ensure that infrastructure and server capabilities support business and production systems objectives and key performance metrics
- Conduct research and recommend technologies that would improve efficiency and reliability if and when incorporated into existing tools
Keywords: Linux, Python or Perl or Java, BASH, DevOps
- 2-3+ years’ prior work experience in Software Engineering in a Linux based environment
- Ability to understand code and script across various languages: Java, Python, Bash, PHP, etc
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructures (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with configuration management tools (i.e. Chef, Puppet, OpsWorks) a plus, or a desire to learn.
- Familiarity with a general Software Development Life Cycle workflow
- Experience with version control tools such as Subversion and Git
- Ability and willingness to learn and create new products and features
- Demonstrated ability to assess requirements and present recommendations in line with enterprise vision and best practices
- Strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Occasional work weekends and after-hours support
- Nice to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar study
Compensation: $90,000 Per Year