Why you want to work here:
- Our client is a technology company with explosive growth!!!
- This is an amazing opportunity for a Director to take his or her career to the next level.
- You will be leading an entire new business within the company's existing business model.
What You Will Do
- Architect, design, implement, and lead the full software development lifecycle for Embedded Systems (Airborne Avionics Systems Division).
- Hire, develop and manage the team that will work closely with customers and cross-functional teams:
- These teams will derive requirements, architect, design, implement and test hardware/software systems (Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY and other operating systems).
- Teams will also define and develop OS BSP/drivers and middleware.
- Drive customer engagement and create strategic partnerships that foster growth.
- Ensure the timely execution and successful delivery of new products while ensuring technical specifications and meet customer needs and requirements.
- Present proposals, schedule, budget, and designs to clients and stakeholders.
- Initiate and compose technical proposals, and review proposals written by others.
- Ensure development and communication of all pertinent documentation (i.e. CR D, SOW, Release Notes, etc.).
- Lead and mentor team in completing assignments, and coordinate assignments with other project team members.
- Ensure the accuracy of all work products from activities and team members.
- Ensure project development plans are realistic and address risks.
- Work with customers and direct team to solve field problems and participate in field testing.
- Provide and support technical liaison between customers, engineering, and other non-engineering functional groups.
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Hardware Engineering
- 5+ years’ hands-on technical experience in software and hardware engineering
- Embedded Systems experience
- Familiarity in designing and debugging system software for PPC, ARM and x86 based platforms
- Understanding of hardware design, block diagrams and schematics
- Thorough understanding of current operating systems, IDEs, stopmode/runmode debuggers and kernel/virtual address space systems
- RTOS is a must – Green Hills Integrity strongly desired
- OpenGL experience required (developing GUI graphics for military/aerospace applications)
- Experience writing and winning proposals is a huge plus
- Knowledge of DO178B or certifiable software environment experience
- Experience with taking a software package along with a system and go through a certification process with the FAA
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Stellar management and organizational skills, with the ability to lead, mentor, and collaborate
Keywords: 10+ years’ experience, recent hands-on leader (team of 7), avionics experience, hardware/software engineering, BA or MS in Hardware Engineering, RTOS, Green Hills OR Integrity exp., Open GL programming, U.S. Citizenship is Required, ability to pass Secret Clearance