Why you want to work here:
- Come join this private company with over $3/4 billion in revenue, and 420 employees worldwide of which 280 are in Westlake Village.
- Strong revenue and EBITDA numbers allow them to be a nimble and flexible company. People are able to put their stamp on what they're doing. There aren't 20 layers of approvals, and everyone has the ability to have a voice at the table.
- Enjoy big company stability with the small company benefit of flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent bene's including a 100% match on 401k up to 4%! Company is growing both internally and by acquisition.
What You Will Do
- Full responsibility in leading the Enterprise Data Management and Analytics Team in full functionality and availability of numerous enterprise databases and other data assets that support transaction processing, information storage, and analytics
- Data sources include SQL, MySQL, Alchemy Database, SOLR, MongoDB, Postgres and countless others that contain records relevant to analytics
- Lead in the successful development, execution and supervision of plans, policies, programs and practices that control, protect, deliver and enhance the value of data and information assets
- Functional areas include financial, operational, customer and administrative
- In the interest of resolving weighty technical challenges, Establish and execute a vision for the delivery of information, database services and analytics platforms and solutions to the enterprise's customer service and financial stakeholders
- Responsibilities include building a data warehouse strategy, implementing a data warehouse, data modeling and database architecture
- Review and approve major infrastructure and solution architecture prior to implementation
- Recruit, develop, motivate, and manage the team – establish team metrics, goals, and procedures
What Gets You the Job?
- 15+ years of technical solutions experience in enterprise data management and analytics (or similar)
- 12+ years’ experience in a senior technical role and working with structured/unstructured data management and database development
- 12+ years’ MS SQL Server and enterprise analytics platforms experience (i.e. Microstrategy, Tableau, Cognos, Domo)
- Over 10 years’ experience managing enterprise infrastructure, business intelligence, data management, and database development and maintenance teams
- 3+ years’ experience supporting unstructured data/Big Data with tools including Solr, Elasticsearch, Cloudsearch, Hadoop
- Strong understanding of cloud-based services and solutions (IaaS, PaaS)
- Deep knowledge of highly scalable data storage and analytics services (i.e. Azure Data Lake, Redshift)
- Demonstrated ability to translate business questions and requirement into specifications for BI solutions
- Proven ability to establish a clear strategic vision, long-term strategy and organizational structure to deliver goals and objectives
- Strong ability in establishing vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, and driving critical feature requests
- Proven ability to organize cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of major projects and initiatives
- Stellar communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to manage multiple or conflicting priorities
- Strong knowledge of project management and ITIL practices
- Masters or Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
- Hands-on experience and up-to-date knowledge the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server (high availability environment)
- Data mining, OLAP, ETL processing (data warehouse/datamarts)
- Database visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI)
- Database development, data modeling, performance optimization and tuning (real-time data marts)
- SQL tuning, maintenance and performance monitoring tools (i.e. Red-gate, ManageEngine, Idera)
Keywords: Team Management, Data Management, Analytics, management of SQL Developers/DBA’s, unstructured data, big data, Elasticsearch
Compensation: $150,000 Per Year