Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Why work here as a Full Stack Developer?
- Our client is one of the largest, most diverse, and one of the most affordable university systems in the country.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leader in high-quality, accessible, student-focused higher education.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will:
- Coordinate and collaborate with data analysts, graphic designers, and programmers in making high-impact visual applications for actionable data
- Develop server-side logic, contribute to definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensure high performance and responsiveness to front- and back-end requests
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Help maintain and develop Server configurations (i.e. AWS Instance configuration)
- Document technical specifications
- Test for application bugs
What Gets You the Job?
- Experience designing and presenting complex data sets in visually compelling formats, and integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Deep understanding of web application functionalities including security, session management, and best development practices
- Proficiency with AJAX, JSON, code versioning tools (i.e. Git),
- Attention to detail and prioritization with respects to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to collaborate/communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience with developing data visualizations for mobile devices is a plus
- Bonus points if you have experience with the following:
- BI databases and platforms
- SQL, LAMP development stack, AWS
- Data visualization libraries (i.e. HighCharts, D3.js, Google Charts)
- Single-Sign-On service setup
- Prior related experience in a higher education environment or with educational clients
Compensation: $118,000 Per Year