Why you want to work here:
- Opportunity to join a Major Motion Picture Studio that is always pushing the technological limits and coming up with cool new ways to deliver content to consumers.
- Fantastic chance for career advancement within the company, as employees stay for years and the growth potential is huge!
- Ability to pick-up on the job training in technologies that will help optimize processes.
- It’s just a cool company to have on your resume.
What You Will Do
- Support department applications (Java based) and provide technical inputs for SAAS applications supporting workflows
- Direct a team of resources in daily monitoring, supporting, maintaining and enhancing a set of application systems
- Work with the business unit and suppliers to prioritize, plan and schedule maintenance and enhancement requests/releases for implementation
- Support the selection, development, and implementation of effective solutions that will result in efficient and cost-effective global infrastructure
- Organize and lead internal/external resources to solve the technical challenges of a software project including the overall architecture of the desired system
- Ensure compliance with various requirements (i.e. Information Security, Compliance, Legal and/or regulatory) for both internal and SAAS applications
- Ensure requirements for Data Integrity, Process, Technology, Audit and Security architecture are met and that software is developed per established organizational standards
- Collaborate with BRM and ADM teams to research third party products and solutions to the company
- Document service infractions and Service Level Agreement (SLA) violations and work with vendors to remediate and resolve issues
- High- and low-level design documents and technical specifications for development and enhancement work efforts
- Additional duties include:
- Problem management, root cause analyses, service level standards, metrics and reports
- Software maintenance/enhancement releases, documentation, test plans, test results, and audit reports
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering/Science equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience in a technology role (3+ years as a lead)
- Experience with the following:
- Web 2.0 technologies, architectural patterns, design patterns, JEE framework and other related frameworks as related to industry best practices for software development
- Ability to interface with other technical leads/developers to perform design and code walkthroughs
- Experience with agile development and continuous integration
- Strong advocate of test first development and depth of experience with unit test frameworks
- Ability to keep current with present challenges and future trends
- Database design and development experience is a plus
Keywords: Java, Spring, RESTful, Struts, Hibernate
Compensation: $135,000 Per Year