Job Title: Network Engineer
Why work here as a Network Engineer?
- This company has a very collaborative and friendly environment and culture. The President is approachable and down-to-earth.
- Employee well-being is taken very seriously – this company has a terrific work/life balance, and doesn’t believe in long hours.
- Opportunity to participate in migrations to newer technologies.
As a Network Engineer, you will:
- Manage the implementation of the physical and video security network
- Install cameras, intrusion alert systems, radios, VMS system, incident management systems, and other security-related systems
- Monitor and maintain network infrastructure
- Configure and support Cisco LAN/WAN gear and various routers across multiple locations and offices
- Collaborate with IT Infrastructure team to build and support the new security network
- Ensure performance and availability via routing, firewalls, and VPNs, integration, upgrades, and additional requests as they arise
- Leverage networking tools to identify and mitigate network anomalies and document root causes
- Participate in infrastructure cabling projects (telephone CAT3, CAT5E, CAT6 and Fiber optic cabling)
- Assist team members with backup system
- Design, deploy, and replace UPS systems
- Keep MDF/IDF/MPOE, relay racks, server racks current
- Provide informed recommendations to VoIP Telephony system
- Provide daily network operations and cross-functional team support, and respond to alerts affecting performance
- Document network projects from start to finish
- Assist in policy, procedure and technical reports development
- Participate in on-call rotation (24/7/365)
What Gets You the Job as a Network Engineer?
- 10+ years’ data communications networking experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals including TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/ Subnetting, VLANS, etc.
- Extensive networking experience including protocols, virtualization (VMware vSphere), wireless bridge, Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewall, MS Server 2012/2016, Exchange, Symantec BackupExec, ESET Security software, core background routers (layer 2 and layer 3 switches), etc.
- Knowledge of VoIP Telephony system, call center/manager, Sureview, Brivo Access Control, Symantec BackupExec is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-soling skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of VoIP Telephony system, call center/manager, Sureview, Brivo Access Control, Symantec BackupExec
- Ability to lead and mentor junior level engineers
Compensation: $90,000 Per Year