Job Title: NOC Engineer
Why work here as a NOC Manager?
- Working here means being part of fun environment that provides many opportunities for professional development and personal fulfillment.
- An opportunity to work for a well-respected CIO that Technical Connections has worked with for the past 10 years. He is so respected that several of his staff members follow him wherever he goes.
As a NOC Manager, you will:
- Fully manage the network operations center, including 24/7 staff, processes, and procedures
- Hire, develop, and oversee a team of Level 1 and 2 technicians
- Train, mentor, delegate assignments in infrastructure operations and batch job management
- Manage in troubleshooting Wintel and Linux servers, LAN/WAN networking, SAN, security, wireless and VoIP
- Perform performance evaluation, disciplinary action, and/or termination when necessary
- Oversee daily NOC operations, escalations, ticketing and customer communications
- Assign and manage staff workload and escalate resource constraints to management
- Drive resolution of complex infrastructure issues, including high-severity outages
- Regularly monitor systems and infrastructure stability and performance, including equipment
- Advocate systems improvement/development for dynamic infrastructure monitoring
- Drive improvement further via operational metrics, KPIs, and SLAs
- Update and maintain run books and other process/procedure documentation
- Adhere to Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management processes
- Lead efforts in identifying and documenting the root cause of priority issues
- Recommend issue resolution and ensure that systemic issues have practicable solution paths
- Research/develop cost efficiencies to keep expenses within budget
What Gets You the Job as a NOC Manager?
- 5+ years’ experience management and support of large-scale, high-priority infrastructure (particularly within 24/7/365 NOC/SOC environments)
- Expert-level skill in IT operations and IT service management, with strong ability to act as spokesperson and advisor where necessary
- Prior experience managing a remote, distributed workforce
- Demonstrate independent, informed judgment in planning, organizing, and performing network analytical tasks
- In-depth knowledge of SolarWinds and Application Monitoring
- Exemplary people management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Efficient communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) including motivational and interpersonal ability across all levels of an organization
- Ability to organize projects and motivate teams with respect to deadline and budget
- ITIL certification (other certifications: CCNA, ISO, VMWare, SolarWinds, Security)
- Experience within a retail environment is a huge plus
Compensation: $120,000 Per Year