Job Title: Software Project Manager
Why work here as an Software Project Manager?
- Exciting opportunity to develop new technology and help move scientific research forward.
- Excellent opportunity to work with some of the leaders in scientific research and development.
- This company offers a great work/life balance and a fantastic benefits package.
- Opportunity to travel internationally!
As a Software Project Manager, you will:
- Provide successful leadership and delivery of deliver complex software projects
- Manage schedules, budgets, resource plans and risks
- Work closely with Observatory Scientist and Project Manager to ensure successful delivery and integration of software into one system, and on other assignments as needed
- Collaborate with the Software Architect to create and manage an integrated software development plan and schedule that includes all Observatory software
- Support the development and maintenance of software requirements and interfaces between Observatory software and other subsystems
- Develop and implement India-based Observatory Software work packages and contracts (i.e. SOWs, budgets, schedules, etc.)
- Monitor software work packages and contracts regarding performance, schedule, cost, risk, and earned value.
- Facilitate communication between Observatory software team and project stakeholders.
- Lead staff in the acceptance, testing and integration of software from project partners
What Gets You the Job?
- Extensive project management experience within the science or space industry
- 10+ years’ extensive software development lifecycle experience including management, architecture, design, code, test, integration, and maintenance
- Experience in leading and managing software development teams using agile processes
- Prior experience working with international, distributed teams
- Ability to travel to international partner sites as needed
- Familiarity with distributed configuration control, software testing, and continuous integration
- Non-profit experience is nice to have
- Observatory experience is desirable but not required
- Master of Science Degree in a related course study (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, Management, Physics, etc.)
- Clear and effective communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, interpersonal)
Compensation: $200,000 Per Year