Job Title: Platform Engineer
Why work here as a Platform Engineer?
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company focused on helping people get the medical treatment they need.
- Work within a proven, untapped market, where the sky is the limit!
- Lead a team of intelligent engineers and help to put process and procedures in place, so that everyone can work more harmoniously.
As a Platform Engineer you will:
- Design and create project services and system architecture
- Work with product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases and translate these into effective solutions
- Share ideas in brainstorming sessions relating to technology, algorithms and products
- Apply caching techniques to help scale applications
- Help improve code quality via code modularization
- Mitigate and resolve issues to deliver results successfully and on schedule
What Gets You the Job as a Platform Engineer?
- 4+ years of solid PHP experience – Laravel and/or Symfony experience is strongly desired
- Extensive API work (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of content management systems and real-time applications
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Prior caching experience with Redis, Elasticsearch, CDN
- Understanding of OOP/MVC design principles
- Knowledge of version control software (Git, Gitflow branching model)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills; team mindset, ability to thrive in a high-activity environment
- Nice to have: experience in TDD, continuous integration, GitHub, Jenkins
Compensation: $130,000 Per Year