Why you want to work here:
What You Will Do
- Working here means being part of fun environment that provides many opportunities for professional development and personal fulfillment.
- An opportunity to work for a well-respected CIO that Technical Connections has worked with for the past 10 years. He is so respected that several of his staff members follow him wherever he goes.
What Gets You the Job?
- Plan and execute all QA activities specific to digital projects, including project planning/scheduling, creation/execution of test cases, managing product test coverage, defect management, and maintenance support.
- Provide leadership and guidance within an Agile/Scrum team environment, provide support on QA best practices, and provide ongoing mentorship and guidance.
- Orchestrate resources and tasks leveraging an onshore/offshore model.
- Acquire, implement, and manage the standards for QA department artifacts, including testing and system evaluation, defect reporting, capture/regular reporting of metrics, test planning/cases/case management, and utilization of QA test tools.
- Maintain a high level of situational awareness regarding all activities relevant to meeting project schedules, production system service levels, and providing regular status updates to management and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure QA environments are available and function within the production system environment.
- Identify, propose, and implement appropriate software QA and SDLC best practices appropriate for the business and development model.
Keywords: QA, quality assurance, Agile, Scrum, eCommerce, SDLC
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance and/or software development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and best practices are a must
- QA experience working on eCommerce web and mobile platforms (WCS experience a plus), not required (experience with staffing QA resources preferred)
- Seasoned experience leading QA efforts of complex systems with multiple integration points required (preferably in a QA manager or project lead role leveraging both on and off shore resources)
- Familiarity with quality assurance methodologies, including functional testing, regression testing, integration testing, automation/performance testing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, etc.)
- Experience creating detailed test plans/test cases for complex integration projects that include in-depth coverage of all positive and negative scenarios
- Background with industry leading bug and test case management systems (Quickbase, HP Quality Center, SpiraTest, etc.)
- Familiarity with one or more GUI-based automation tools a plus: Selenium, Jmeter, QTP, LoadRunner, Silk, etc.
Compensation: $60.00 Per Hour