Why you want to work here:
- Come join this private company with over $3/4 billion in revenue, and 420 employees worldwide of which 280 are in Westlake Village.
- Strong revenue and EBITDA numbers allow them to be a nimble and flexible company. People are able to put their stamp on what they're doing. There aren't 20 layers of approvals, and everyone has the ability to have a voice at the table.
- Enjoy big company stability with the small company benefit of flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent benefits including a 100% match on 401k up to 4%. Company is growing both internally and by acquisition.
What You Will Do
- Work with stakeholders and business SMEs to create and refine user stories and acceptance criteria for custom applications
- Help to define any issues or problems within the product and address them to create the appropriate solution
- Manage product backlog for multiple company products
- Triage incoming requests from Jira for each product, escalating as needed
- Communicate and follow through with the appropriate business units
- Document business processes and workflows (human or digital)
- Actively participate in Scrum ceremonies (i.e. backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily standups, etc.)
- Understand data models to assist with mapping data between internal and third party systems
- Write SQL queries and generate reports to help make data-driven decisions
- Develop business cases to help prioritize roadmap features
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ professional experience as a business analyst or product owner
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Information Systems, Computer Science) OR equivalent experience
- Experience working on small technical teams using Scrum
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written, technical and non-technical)
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC using Agile methodologies
- Ability to write user stories that capture the problem being solved for the business
- Ability to effectively teach users how various product features work
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while proactively responding to business needs
- Nice to have: Experience in payments industry, and Scrum certifications
- Knowledge of basic modeling techniques and methods, an understanding of web application development, and a strong understanding of Excel
Keywords: Requirements gathering, Jira, workflows, scrum, SQL
Compensation: $100,000 Per Year