Why you want to work here:
- Working here means being part of fun environment that provides many opportunities for professional development and personal fulfillment.
- An opportunity to work for a well-respected CIO that Technical Connections has worked with for the past 10 years. He is so respected that several of his staff members follow him wherever he goes.
- Balanced remote work opportunity to reduce time commuting
What You Will Do
- Design, deploy, monitor, and automate all operational aspects of the company’s platform.
- Deploy both offensive and defensive techniques to keep our platform humming.
- Perform Advanced Server Administration, including configuring, managing, patching (Windows/Linux).
- Execute Advanced IIS Management.
- Utilize your awesome Scripting and Systems/Process Automation skills (PowerShell, Python, etc.) for advanced deployments and tools building.
- Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale Windows & Linux environments.
- Serve as a technical lead, making technical decisions for the future of the system structure
What Gets You the Job?
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or comparable experience
- 6+ years of experience in Advanced Server Administration
- Background in large-scale system administration and be familiar with open source technologies, such as Jenkins (continuous integration), Puppet/Chef, MS SQL, Cassandra, NoSQL, Redshift, and MySQL
- Proven PowerShell ability (must be able do a post-setup script, Administer SQL via PowerShell, Win Forms or activation through HTML)
- Experience with database systems with an ability to create DB queries and understand/troubleshoot stored procedures
- Scripting languages (shell scripting, PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- DB Skills (MS SQL, Cassandra, MySQL) and HTML/XML/YAML
- Grasp of advanced web technologies (DNS, HTTP, SSL)
- Possess Advanced Microsoft SQL Server administration/scripting skills
- Previous DevOps experience in a Retail environment preferred
- Large/Global server networks/architecture preferred
- JIRA, Confluence or similar project management tools preferred
- BitBucket or similar version control tools preferred
Keywords: Linux, Windows, scripting, APIs, Jenkins
Compensation: $130,000 Per Year