Why you want to work here:
- Do you want a challenging and dynamic opportunity in a fast-growing high technology company?
- Our customers include Microsoft, Panasonic, Comcast, Nokia and many more.
- You may not know about all the products we sell but, our products and technologies are touched by over 250 million people every week.
- Innovative, smart, and team-focused work environment.
- The company's broad portfolio of patented technologies/databases has been adopted by many Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), bonus plan, vacation pay, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement.
What You Will Do
- Build and refine infrastructure, data architecture, data models, and integration architecture
- Design and develop solutions to process large data sets with statistical algorithms, machine learning, data mining and predictive simulations
- Design, evaluate and optimize database structures (tables, views, and functions) while developing methods/scripts for monitoring database capacity, usage and performance
- Design and optimize database schema, architecture, queries, and complex stored procedures, for OLTP, OLAP and unstructured data services
- Work closely with key individuals in identification, prioritization, management and tracking of outstanding development tasks
- Ensure solutions that support user-driven, self-service analytics
- Maintain security and data privacy
- Provide leadership, acting as Scrum Master as the need arises
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ experience, with a Bachelors or Master of Science (Computer Science or related technical field)
- Expert level knowledge of modern data architectures (i.e. NoSQL, Hadoop, Cosmos, Drizzle, Redis, MongoDB)
- Ability to write MapReduce jobs, with hands-on experience in HiveQL
- Experience with Data Modeling disciplines and advanced data patterns
- Experience doing performance analysis and tuning of data access at scale
- Familiarity with data loading tools (i.e. Flume, Sqoop)
- Expertise in one of the following programming languages: Python, R, or Ruby
- Strong knowledge of procedural languages i.e. T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server, SSRS and SSIS, .Net (C#), WCF, SOAP and JSON webservices
- Familiarity with cloud services i.e. Azure, AWS
- Strong technical foundation with a desire to learn and apply new technologies
- Stellar communication skills (written and verbal)
Keywords: Big Data, NoSQL, Python/R/Ruby, .Net, C#, WCF, Azure, cloud
Compensation: $150,000 Per Year