Why you want to work here:
- This is a great opportunity to work close by the beach for a company that provides digital marketing campaigns for clients around the globe.
- Their software empowers organizations both large and small to measure the impact of their marketing efforts and make most of their digital spend.
- Our client values work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, collaboration and creativity.
- They are passionate about pushing technology forward while designing solutions for their industry’s dynamic, complex business challenges.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, and manage core business processes and data tier of the platform’s technology stack.
- Work closely with personnel including key stakeholders, data architects, and leadership to ensure optimal performance and reliability
- Help design, develop and optimize Golang-based web services that handle event ingestion logic
- Utilize equivalent big data architectures and distributed data systems to solve business problems
- Assist with application performance and memory optimization
- Build applications that are capable of handling billions of events on a weekly basis
- Assist in relational and NoSQL database design/development across multiple AWS regions within an Always Available system
- Write functional, elegant code
- Work in a collaborative team environment and provide mentorship as needed
- Keep current with new web technologies and programming best practices/procedures, and work to implement/integrate these where appropriate
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years of web service development experience with at least 3 years using Go(lang)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or similar) or equivalent experience
- Experience performing high-volume data optimization, including data loading across large, distributed databases
- Experience in handling high event volume with Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcached, Kafka, or Kinesis
- Strong programming and debugging skills
- Experience developing in complex High Availability and Disaster Recovery environments
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement appropriate technology and architecture for business problems
Keywords: Go(lang), Big Data (Cassandra, Spark, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.), relational/NoSQL, AWS, high availability
Compensation: $185,000 Per Year