Why you want to work here:
- This is a great company – private, small, but with a long history of success in Southern California providing cross-platform support and services to small and medium sized-business. Lots of entertainment industry exposure.
- The company continues to do so well that this is a growth opportunity for someone who wants to expand their career beyond providing day-to-day support and be an integral part of the company’s future growth and success.
- Family-centric company and a team that enjoys each others’ company. No stress of big corporate enterprises, and they have occasional company outings that often include seeing big new movies (like Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) together as a team.
What You Will Do
- Act as a technology advocate and consultant for assigned accounts.
- Collaborate on large-scale projects, escalate client management needs and requests, and create/implement maintenance recommendations.
- Identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems as well as triage service requests (field tickets and recommend solutions).
- Identify opportunities for business value – from implementation of new technology, processes, procedures, or entirely new systems.
- Document and monitor issues to ensure resolutions in a timely manner.
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, information technology, business administration, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of full-time IT experience (with 2 years of server experience)
- Excellent understanding of Windows Active Directory Server in Windows and Mac OS X environments. Must have experience building new Active Directory instances (even in small environments) as opposed to just maintaining someone else’s deployment.
- ACTC Certification for OS X (or the skills to get the certification within 90 days of hire) and a good understanding of Windows XP/7/8 and Windows 2008/2012 Server
- Excellent understanding of professional grade Firewalls and VPNs (Juniper, SonicWALL)
- Excellent understanding of network and internet protocols such as DHCP, DNS, MX Records, and Domain Registrars
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations and service requests in a timely manner, take ownership, and clearly anticipate and communicate project issues
- Experience with help desk ticket tracking systems
- Previous experience with software license management
- Experience with desktop publishing software (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) preferred
- Although very rare, must be available to work occasional off-hours and weekends
- Any prior service industry experience (even prior to starting in technology) is highly preferred.
Keywords: Active Directory, WIndows, MacOS X, Firewalls, VPNs
Compensation: $85,000 Per Year