Job Title: Wireless Network Engineer
Why work here as a Wireless Network Engineer?
- Working here means being part of fun environment that provides many opportunities for professional development and personal fulfillment.
- This is an opportunity to work for a well-respected CIO that Technical Connections has worked with for the past 10 years! He is so respected that several of his staff members follow him wherever he goes.
As a Wireless Network Engineer, you will:
- Evaluate wireless technology and maintain the network design
- Configuration management of wireless network and client devices
- Wireless troubleshooting, including packet analysis
- Carry out medium to large-sized enhancements/projects
- Define detailed scope of work for enhancements or projects
- Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks, help identify possible solutions and assist with implementation
- Work with automated monitoring solutions to ensure system uptime and performance
- Ensure configuration backup of systems and services, and implement recovery from disaster for assigned domain
- Develop and maintain documentation (diagrams, run books, configuration/build docs, configuration standards and infrastructure architecture)
- Schedule and maintain installations/upgrades and system maintenance in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensure that systems are right-sized for present and future needs
- Assist in designing and implementing new solutions that strengthen the current environment
- Identify and recommend improvements to current processes (team functionality and customer service)
What Gets You the Job as a Wireless Network Engineer?
- 3 – 5 years’ wireless experience in a 24/7 enterprise network environment (preferably retail, fast-moving consumer goods)
- Proven ability to analyze and solve network incidents.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- CWNA or equivalent
- In-depth understanding of IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi standards
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).
- Strong RF Design, RF Survey/Engineering and RF troubleshooting skills
- Ability to configure Cisco ISR routers, switches (3750, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 7K), ASA5500, ACS (AAA), Radius, IAS, QOS
- Extensive experience with Cisco WLCs, APs, Prime, CMX, and MSE
- Experience with ARP, 802.1q, H323, HSRP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP.
- Cisco Nexus experience (9k, 7K, 5K, 2K)
- Strong knowledge of Wireshark, RF propagation and antenna selection
- Wireless Surveying tools and in-field experience
- Cisco, WAN/LAN, Netscount, Solarwinds, Cisco VOIP, and beacon/RFID experience
- Knowledge of MPLS, VPLS, LDP and VRFs is nice to have
Compensation: $140,000 Per Year